Perhaps every couple in love would like to spend their honeymoon in Santorini. Santorini is a fantastic Greek island. It combines many historical sights, a cozy atmosphere, and the beauty of local nature.
The island was created as a result of volcanic activity. It attracts attention with its spectacular landscapes. Also, there are many fantastic villas in Santorini where you can enjoy your honeymoon.
What to visit in Santorini?
There are lots of wonderful places to visit in Santorini. Here is a list of the top locations:
- Fira – the capital of the island. Here you can go for a walk on the narrow streets and look at the cozy courtyards of local residents.
- Beaches with colorful sand. The sand on the beaches is black and red. It seems as if you were on Mars.
- Oia – Santorini’s visiting card. White houses over the cliff of the sea and the most beautiful sunsets in the world.
- Agiou Mina Church. It is a symbol of an island with a bright blue roof that sits high on a cliff.
- Volcano. You can book an excursion to the volcano and swim in sulfur springs. You can go down to the springs by funicular, and on the way back, take a ride on donkeys!
- “Santo Wines” winery. It is a perfect place to end the day. It is an area of several floors on a rock. The main thing to do is book a table in advance with a view of the caldera and sunset.
Where to stay in Santorini?
Here are some of the best places to stay in Santorini for the honeymoon:
It is an excellent option for a range of hotels. Fira is close to the port and has a good infrastructure. Also, this city is famous for its luxury Santorini villas.
This place with the white houses on the cliff wins the hearts of everyone. The largest hotels are concentrated here. The disadvantages include a large number of tourists.
Kamari and Monolithos
If you are looking for a beach holiday, choose hotels in these villages, located near beaches with volcanic sand. These are quiet, family-friendly places with an abundance of Greek taverns.
It is the former capital of the island. White houses and views are guaranteed, and prices are much lower.
Some interesting facts about Santorini:
- Santorini is an archipelago of 5 islands: Thirassia, Nea Kameni, Palea Kameni, Aspronisi, and Fira.
- Santorini has a 3.500-year history, and the island keeps traces of ancient civilizations, which are still being excavated.
The volcano’s eruption led to the division of a single island into an archipelago of 5 islands and the formation of a caldera. The Caldera is a volcanic basin with a steep rocky wall and an extensive underwater part filled with the beautiful azure waters of the Aegean Sea.
To sum up
The honeymoon is an excuse to relax in the bosom of the blessed Greek nature completely. Santorini villas are literally built for this. Santorini Island is like an extraordinary piece of jewelry from an experienced craftsman: high quality, beautiful and unusual.
The honeymoon on the island is not just a trip to the sea but an opportunity to dive into the world of stunning landscape, history, and architecture with your head.